ON THE SHOW:
Dave Raymond, MLB Full Count - 4:35
Matt Sheppard, WDFN Radio - Detroit - 5:10
- MLB hits the quarter pole
- NBA Playoffs
- NHL Playoffs
QUICK HIT: Monday Thoughts
By Joe Quinn (@joequinnshow)
Some things from this past weekend that caught my eye.
- Orb didn't win the Preakness. If you read the post on Friday, I felt pretty darn good about his chances. The end result? I probably won't pay a whole lot of attention to the Belmont Stakes in three weeks. The vast majority is probably with me.
- Miguel Cabrera smacks three home runs, and the Tigers still lose to the Rangers. I'll be the shirt on my back that doesn't happen again this year. The deeper meaning? It could be the Tigers are in need of some bullpen help, which is well documented. Doug Fister had a rough outing yesterday (4.2 IP, 5 ER), and the bullpen gave up a six-pack in relief. Won't win too many games that way. The other possibility? The Rangers are really, really good. As in, better than the previous two World Series teams good. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see them in the October classic.
- Chad Johnson, formerly Chad Ochcocinco (or whatever he was called), got arrested today, after a warrant was issued for a probation violation. He is to remained jailed until he posts $1000 bond. Suppose he has the grand to get out? Cause I'm not so sure.
- Injuries are really starting to pile up for some MLB clubs. Leading the charge are the Atlanta Braves. The Bravos just lost Johnny Venters to Tommy John surgery, and are facing the same with Eric O'Flahrety. Jordan Walden in on the DL with a shoulder problem, and the Braves are officially short their top 3 set up arms. Are the Braves the next team to be decimated by injuries?
- Hard to believe how good Thomas Vokoun has been in goal for the Penguins since he took over. Too bad he gave up a shorthanded goal last night to send the game to 2 OT, otherwise the Pens would have a commanding 3-0 series edge.
- Bills DE Mario Williams continues his fight with his ex over a ring. I hope this story goes away soon. I just don't see it ending well for anyone.
- The Vikings new stadium looks sweet. Funding questions seem to be getting answered. Lets get this thing built.